Pregnancy Community

testing

I had my dr appointment today n I'm 32 weeks...they drew out blood n said they always check for syphilis n aids mostly 3 times during a pregnancy...is any other Dr doing that with you girls...n why so many times?
Umm, I have only been tested for stds/hiv in the beginning of my pregnancy
Ya I got tested in the beginning also but I don't get why 3 times...lol
I think that's something you should ask your doctor.  Just be like "Is there a reason why...."
I've only been tested for STDs and HIV once each in the beginning as well.
Don't worry every doc is diff I had my first son 10 yrs ago nd I'm goin on my 6th child nd all my pregnacys I wud get checked twice technically ur pose to get tested every 6mnths to a yr so my doc does em at the beginning nd near the end I always asked y nd he said if a woman tested positive most likely they will have to have a c section or give u antibiotics so nothing is passed to bby.. me honestly for the women sayin they only get tested once or they haven't got tested at all I wud most deff ask my doctor y not
it cud take a woman 10yrs to test positive