Pregnancy Community

vitamin A

I read vitamin A is bad for pregnancy. Is that true?? I wouldn't think so
Bump
You could overdose on vitamin a. Consult your doctor.
Mayo clinic:  Vitamin A may cause bleeding in the lungs, blurry vision, bone pain, breathing difficulty, changes in immune function, chronic inflammation of the liver, cirrhosis (scarring of liver), cough, cracked fingernails, cracked lips, death, decreased thyroid function, depression, diarrhea, feeling of fullness, fever, fluid around heart, hair loss, high cholesterol, increased pressure in the brain, increased risk of HIV transmission (through breastfeeding), increased risk of lung cancer, increased risk of heart disease, increased white blood cells, indigestion, inflammation of the conjunctiva (conjunctivitis), injection site pain, irritability, joint pain, mouth ulcers, muscle pain, psoriasis flare-ups, pain, perisinusoidal fibrosis (in the liver), redness (from skin use), respiratory infection, seizure, skin irritation, sore eyes, steatosis (fatty change), stomach and intestine adverse effects, and suicidal thoughts.
You cant take Vitamin a when your pregnant you should no all of this from your doctor or midwife should of told you what you cant take and stuff
I think if you are increasing just the vitamin A during pregnancy you might have toxic effects but we need vitamin A for our skin.. and eyes.. and it is usually in prenatals at the recommended dose. id imagine it would be a little hard to overdose on vitamins though because your body usually rids the excess through your urine thats why our pee is usually bright during pregnancy and if you buy vitamins usually stores will try and get over in you because they will have a more expensive bottle because the dosage has more.. but dont be fooled buy the cheapest one because remember your body will only take what it needs :) where did you hear that from thats a little scary Makeartnotwarr69 :D hope that sort of helps
Thank you ladies for your help! I was asking because I was gonna drink this naked mango drink and it's high in vitamin A and I decided to throw it out
Joanna: I forgot where I read it at! But it scared me too ! You definitely helped thank you so much :)