Pregnancy Community

vitamin

Im 7 weeks along and sometimes I have terrible nausea and vomiting. I take my prenatals, but sometimes maybe 5-10 minutes after I vomit. So its like I didn't take it at all because it ends up flushed down the toilet. Is this ok?
Baby isn't really benefiting from them if u throw em up try a different prenatal try a different time of day and take with a couple crackers I heat lots of girls do well with the gummies
Take your prenayals after a meal.  It alwaus made me vomit if taken on an entry stomach.
I don't take prenatal vitamins! I didn't with my first born and he was a healthy 6 pound 12 ounce boy with no problems and was born at 38 weeks!

I am not taking them this time either! I throw them up everytime! I can't even hold a flintstone vitamin down

So don't worry if baby will not be healthy because you miss a few vitamins because baby will take what it needs from your body to grow vitamins just give back to you what baby is taking and gives baby all vitamins you may be missing! Doesn't mean you will have an unhealthy baby! Hope this helps
I would suggest still trying to take them. They give you all the essentials vitamins and such that you and your baby need to thrive especially folic acid. Like mommikat said try after a meal, mine make me vomit if I don't take them with a big meal so I take them at night with supper. If that doesn't work talk to your health care provider about other solutions to get the vitamins you need. My midwife told me if I can't take the prenatals to at least take folic acid if you read how important folic acid is to a baby's development you'll understand but your health care provider might want you to take more than just folic acid. Now I'm not saying your baby won't be healthy like bentlysmommy18s baby is but everyone is different and you may not get the nutrients you need through just your diet.

Here's a little bit about folic acid

Having a healthy baby means making sure you're healthy, too. One of the most important things you can do to help prevent serious birth defects in your baby is to get enough folic acid every day — especially before conception and during early pregnancy.  

You can google how important folic acid is and read more about it but don't get scared of what it all says on there if you have concerns talk to you doctor. Hope this helps don't let what I said scare you though please I am not a doctor.
Prenatal vitamins made me sick as a dog.. I haven't taken any since like 9 or 10 weeks.. I switched over to a kids gummie vitamin ( but even that I take when ever I remember .. ) and my baby is perfectly healthy .. Your body will crave what it needs .. Is how I look at it..
You need to be healthy for your baby. Sure he will most likely be healthy but you could become anemic. Something I do take into consideration is when other moms tell me that I have to take care of myself in order to take care of my baby. If you get weak or sick then you're not going to be 100% for your baby. I right away chose a gluten free and vegan friendly brand even though I'm not even vegeterian. I took mine right before falling asleep so I wouldn't sick up. Just keep trying. If not try the gummy kind like suggested above. I hear a lot of girls do well with those.