Pregnancy Community

water diet

Im going to try and drink only water to reduce weight gain. Im 24weeks and gained 6pounds already. Im a heavy girl already but i eat extremely healthy so i think cutting juice out of my diet will help. What do you girls think?
I guess it depends on how much juice you normal drink. But it probably won't make a difference. You shouldn't be worrying about gaining weight while pregnant unless your doctor is worried. And at 24 weeks 6 pounds is good even for a heavy woman. I'm heavy and I was freaking out because I hadn't gained any weight. I finally gained four pounds as if my last appointment at 26 weeks. I wouldn't cut juice out completely. It can be healthy for you if its 100% pure fruit juice and it gives your baby a boost to move around. But regardless I don't think it'll change much as far as weight gain.
Do not diet during pregnancy.. dieting can give adverse sideeffects on baby.. you need full nutritions etc to provide baby.. 6lb at 24wks is nothing.. even if you are over weight you are suppose to gain 20-25lb through out your pregnancy... i was 138lb and now  i have gained 36lb and i m 33wks.. because i m planning on breast feeding i ll be eating healthy foods like more fruits and vegetable for baby.. and try to loose weight in a healthy way :)...
I agree with the other ladies and the diet and eat healthy, but if you mean cutting out juice and only drinking water, that is a very healthy decision for both you and baby :)
I agree with seawork... cutting it out completely wouldn't be a good idea. Make sure to only drink 100% juice with no added sugar. I gained almost 40 lbs during entire pregnancy but I'm mostly belly. Not worried about it.. I'll lose it when I lose it. My baby and I are both healthy and that's all that matters
If you're talking about juice you buy in the grocery store,  it's really not good for you anyway.  Best to drink water,  as you say,  and eat fruit.

Grocery store juice is full of sugar and overly processed fruit.
Yes my dr said for me to cut out juice and drink water only also lowfat 1% milk or non fat ....eat fruits vegis and lean meats....its not a diet just healthy eating