Pregnancy Community

weight loss

I know its normal to loose weight in the first trimester, but ive just weighed myself and ive lost about 16lbs, im only 12 weeks 3 days. is it normal to loose this much? My appetite is coming back so hopefully ill start putting some weight on. Any advice will be much apriciated :-)
With my first i lost more weight then i gained and didn't even start gaining till around 25 wks.  She was a very healthy baby and weighed 8.7 lbs at birth.   This pregnancy i lost 20 in the first trimester and now gain about 5 lbs a month.  I know my weight just likes to shift when i am pregnant.   Now that you are getting your appetite back you should start gaining.  My dr has said that it is normal to loose weight at first especially if you have been really sick.