Aa
A
A
A
Close
Pregnancy Community
72.3k Members

weight loss

Just wondering if I should be concerned.. I was 201lbs at 4-5 weeks pregnant and now at exactly 10 weeks today I am down to 189.4lbs.. I haven't had any morning sickness, changed how much I exercise, or my diet. I do find it difficult to eat my normal amount from before I was pregnant, though. So, my appetite has gone down. My first appointment is tomorrow and I'm going to talk to my doctor about it, but I was wondering if I should be concerned that I have lost 11.6lbs?
7 Responses
7552771 tn?1469933249
A lot of women lose weight their first trimester even without morning sickness. Especially women who are over weight its your bodies way of saying your baby and you don't need all this extra weight.
I understand it is normal to lose some weight in the first trimester but without morning sickness that just seems like a buy much to me.. But then again I am overly paranoid... It's my first pregnancy.
Bit not but..
Dont be worried its common for some moms being pregnant especially in the first trimester makes u eat differently and its so weird i try to explain to my bf that i cant just eat whatever whenever it has to be when i want and what im craving for or else i dont want it im lucky if i eat one meal a day which isnt a big deal in first trimester my doctor said at my appointment today as long as now that im in second trimester i start eating more. the big thing is drinking water just make sure u stay hydrated
10020336 tn?1410661138
I was 208 when I got pregnant and I lost 20 pounds with the beginning of my pregnancy and I didn't have morning sickness at all. My doctor never got concerned and my baby is completely healthy. He will be here Thursday and ultrasound has him weighing 8.3 pounds.
10020336 tn?1410661138
Tuesday not Thursday lol
Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327197724
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.