MedHelp.org will cease operations on May 31, 2024. It has been our pleasure to join you on your health journey for the past 30 years. For more info, click here.
I will be a ftm. I just found out I'm about 5 and a half weeks and I have no clue on anything lol..I work at a doggy daycare and boarding facility and I also bathe the dogs there. There are times when I have to help pretty big dogs up into the bath tub. Even when I'm not bathing i handle big dogs all day long.Do you have to worry about lifting already? Is there certain amount I should be lifting our is that later on in the pregnancy?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Weight limits and lifting really depends on your doctor's comfort level. Some say 20lb limit, some say 40. You'll really need to talk to your doctor about your restrictions. Some women are able to do heavier lifting through their pregnancy without any issues, but that's by no means a guarantee. Lifting can put undue strain on your body and abdomen. You want to avoid the stress on your body as in rare instances, it can cause miscarraige or early labor. It's tough finding that balance. I work in healthcare, and it was a hard adjustment as I am expected to turn and reposition patients. I had to learn to ask for help. I could tell when I over did it and could feel the strain. As best you can, you should make sure that someone is helping you lift the dogs and not leaving you with too much to handle. You can also get your doctor's restrictions in writing so that your work can give you the help you need.
Congratulations on your new baby!
Helpful - 0
I'm still teching, surgery teching, training and bathing at 17 wks. People will understand if u need two seconds of their time to help lift. Now.....don't get me wrong, if its a 60lb or more, I have someone else do it period..now thats im further along. DONT GET KICKED!!!
Helpful - 0
Im a vet tech and trainer, plus three dogs at home. I totally understand your concern. If I had to lift anything, I used my knees and didn't put a lot of strain on my mid section of my body. I don't lift any dog over 45lbs. If I have to I ask for help. Im 17wks and baby is fine. A lot of people will tell u not to lift, but I know you have to do what you have to do. Just DONT struggle and over do it AT ALL! I hate asking for help, but have to for babys sake.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community