Aa
A
A
A
Close
Pregnancy Community
72.3k Members

when to set up babys health insurance?

Ok when do you set up health insurance for the baby?  Do you do it when your preg or after baby is born?  
13 Responses
4516107 tn?1356307667
usually after the baby is born
4601190 tn?1357342463
I know with my insurance, i have up to 3 months to set up his own. up to 3 months, it will be billed onto my insurance number (unless he has his own by then)
After the baby is born.
So will my insurance will cover circumsion of my son and hospital care?  
4589197 tn?1375226996
Contact your health insurance company, with mine the baby is covered for 7 days under my name and then he/she gets her own policy number, but I have to wait for his/her social security number.
4589197 tn?1375226996
Lol I forgot a "his/" swear this baby is a girl
I have good health insurance just with my first son I was on medicaid so they sent me a card in the mail that said "newborn and last name"  I guess ill call 2 find out more details.
I just did part of it, yesterday . my inssurance told me to call DCF yesterday to tell them that im pregnant so i can get an ID nunber for my baby,and then she said to call them after delivery to activate it so the baby would already be inssured.
Anyone have been a program that soicial services pays a portion of your family plan health insurance.  I know the family plan is almost half my pay check :(  but I got something in the mail saying they can pay a portion jw how much??
Im on medicaid/united health care because i cant affors to pay for health inssurance or hospital bills & through me whatever kids that i have the government will be assisting them with the same thing because i am unable to pay.so basially everything is covered. dont know if that helped or not,but thats what i have going on.
4589197 tn?1375226996
In most places if your insurance cost is more than a certain percentage of your pay you can get Medicaid. The percentage is usually pretty low so you should check it out :)
I guess I gotta go check it out I hate the.s.s. Building here it takes hrs to talk to someone.  Thanks ladies!
Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327197724
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.