Pregnancy Community

when to set up babys health insurance?

Ok when do you set up health insurance for the baby?  Do you do it when your preg or after baby is born?  
usually after the baby is born
I know with my insurance, i have up to 3 months to set up his own. up to 3 months, it will be billed onto my insurance number (unless he has his own by then)
After the baby is born.
So will my insurance will cover circumsion of my son and hospital care?  
Contact your health insurance company, with mine the baby is covered for 7 days under my name and then he/she gets her own policy number, but I have to wait for his/her social security number.
Lol I forgot a "his/" swear this baby is a girl
I have good health insurance just with my first son I was on medicaid so they sent me a card in the mail that said "newborn and last name"  I guess ill call 2 find out more details.
I just did part of it, yesterday . my inssurance told me to call DCF yesterday to tell them that im pregnant so i can get an ID nunber for my baby,and then she said to call them after delivery to activate it so the baby would already be inssured.
Anyone have been a program that soicial services pays a portion of your family plan health insurance.  I know the family plan is almost half my pay check :(  but I got something in the mail saying they can pay a portion jw how much??
Im on medicaid/united health care because i cant affors to pay for health inssurance or hospital bills & through me whatever kids that i have the government will be assisting them with the same thing because i am unable to pay.so basially everything is covered. dont know if that helped or not,but thats what i have going on.
In most places if your insurance cost is more than a certain percentage of your pay you can get Medicaid. The percentage is usually pretty low so you should check it out :)
I guess I gotta go check it out I hate the.s.s. Building here it takes hrs to talk to someone.  Thanks ladies!