Prostate Cancer Community
967 Members

Could this be Prostate Cancer?

Hi Community,

Hope you are all well. I am getting nervous that I may have a potential Prostate cancer scare. I'm a 25 yr old heterosexual black male from the UK. My father passed away recently from the disease and my current symptoms are offering me huge anxiety.

So I will start with the current situation about a month and a half ago now. So I started getting pains and a discomfort feeling around my penis. It became hard for me to ejaculate and it often hurt. I knew there was something wrong. So I went to the DR. Took a blood test and a pee test and came back to me and said I had a UTI and they would do more tests to find out if it was chlamydia. He administerd 4 tablets of Zithromax. In my mind I did not think this was an issue because my girlfriend took a test 2 weeks before for work and she came out clean so I thought I would too because I hadnt cheated neither had she. A week later the results came back that I had chlamydia and because me and my girlfrined had been having sex.

So she got tested about 3 weeks ago now and the DR said there was no need for me to get tested because I probably had it if I had sex with her within the 5 days so she just administered me and her 4 pills of zilthromax (I'm not too sure of the spelling). We overcame who gave it to whom and listened to the Dr on not having any sex for a week, however I did masterbate myself 2 times. The Dr told me that they would call her in a week to tell her the results if they were positive. They told me to comeback in 1.5 months which I am fully intending to do.

We took the pills on Oct 24th Friday morning and didn't engage in any activity until November 1st Saturday night.

As of recently though since then I had been experiencing like an after effect of stinging around my anus when I did a poop and I thought this was due to my poor diet but now I am also experiencing frequent urination expecially at night and it feels like I have another UTI, with excessive peeing and as of a couple days ago I would pee and then five minutes later would need to pee again as if I didn't fully pee. When I tried to pee for the second time it was always a little difficult as if I was really forcing or straining. In addition I feel that I pee about every 2-3 hours at night. I dont know if I am playing mind games and being a over hyper hypochondriac or if my fears are justified.

Now the current issue I face is that I am in the US for vacation and I will be back in the UK to go to the DR and check it out but in the mean time I had taken AZO Urinary Pain Relief to just give me some sense of ease until I get back to the UK. I am very worried about whether this could be another Chlamydia scare or prostate cancer. I cant put my mind at ease.

Please help me get some insight I beg of you.
Sorry the late reply. As a general rule, your way to young to get prostate cancer even if its in your familty. Tell your doc you want to have a PSA test to check the antigen levels or have him physically feel it to see if its enlarged.
dave
A report from Missouri Medicine argues that, despite earlier media coverage, increased omega-3 fatty acid intake does not increase prostate cancer risk.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.
10 prostate cancer misconceptions debunked.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize