Prostate Cancer Community
975 Members

Did you opt for surgery for your prostate cancer? Why or why not?

I did have a removal of my prostate in February 2016. I had a biopsy which showed 5 out 12 areas cancerous. Out of the five areas one was at a high range of 7 and the other 4 were less than 6 (Gleason rating). The doctor suggested surgery after other tests he did showed no cancer spread. I had CT, bone scan and lung x-ray. PSA was 9 something. It has been 6 months since operation but I am still having urine leaking problems and of course erection problems. I guess I at this point wonder if other treatment options should have been looked at in my case but was kind of scared to wait by the information I received from doctor on the things that could result from not taking surgery. So far no PSR detected but that would be if he removed a healthy prostate. I am sitting here wondering.
A report from Missouri Medicine argues that, despite earlier media coverage, increased omega-3 fatty acid intake does not increase prostate cancer risk.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.
10 prostate cancer misconceptions debunked.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.