Prostate Cancer Community
973 Members

PROSTATE CANCER

I had undergone robotic prostatectomy in 2008.  My PSA reading seven months prior to surgery was 7 then it rose to 29, hence, the surgery.  After a year, my PSA was .9 so I went through radiation with hormone therapy for seven weeks.  PSA went down to .01, after the hormone treatment.  Follow up appointments were made, the latest PSA was 2.9 in April 2011,  My oncologist said that the PSA reading is too low to be concerned with.  I also had bone scan, MRI done and they found 5mm size growth in my pelvic area.  My oncologist told me that he wants to see me in August for evaluation.  I am concerned about the rising PSA.  My oncologist ordered another bone scan prior to my appointment in August.  I feel bloated and pain on both left and right sides of abdomen.

Are you still experiencing the pain and energy less. My wife is asking me to get those testings done. What is your idea going for prostate cancer screening.

You should read the book entitled -  "Invasion of the Prostate Snatchers: No More Unnecessary Biopsies, Radical Treatment or Loss of Sexual Potency"....  I would recommend going to the Mayo Clinic web site and research guidelines for PSA testing.  Hard to give any advice with little information to go on.
A report from Missouri Medicine argues that, despite earlier media coverage, increased omega-3 fatty acid intake does not increase prostate cancer risk.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.
10 prostate cancer misconceptions debunked.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.