Prostate Cancer Community
966 Members

PSA 4.1 55 year old

My husband is 55 he has had his PSA done for the last 3 years. In 2016 it was 2.6, in 2017 3.4 and 2018 4.1. They called Friday June 15 and told him they made him an appointment with a Urologist form tomorrow Tuseday June 19 at 8 am. We were a little shocked they made the appointment first and then called about the ranges increasing. Is this something bad? Could this be prostate cancer? Are the increases considered rapid? My husband really doesn’t have any issues other than once a while ED problems and lower back pain. What type of questions should we ask tomorrow? Feeling scared at this point.

Thanks for any help.
A report from Missouri Medicine argues that, despite earlier media coverage, increased omega-3 fatty acid intake does not increase prostate cancer risk.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.
10 prostate cancer misconceptions debunked.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize