Aa
A
A
A
Close
Prostate Cancer Community
966 Members

prostatitis and utricle cyst means cancer or biopsy?

I just went to uro and did TRUS, uroflowmetry, seminal fluid check, and took 1 week of Cravit ... after 3 days I felt better. The TRUS found that I have a utricle cyst 8x9mm...uroflowmetry is normal, and I had streptococcus on my semen. He gave me another week of Cravit...and told me nothing to worry about. Is he correct?  he also told me to wait for my PSA reading this year. does the utricle cyst are precancerous?  he also said that it's quite common. Pls advice

thanks in advance...
1 Responses
1711789 tn?1361311607
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi there!

Yes, I would agree with the suggested management plan. The chances of development of cancer in a utricle cyst are low (around 3%). Infections/ inflammations of the prostate are often associated with increased PSA levels and hence a test is advisable only after the infection/ inflammation has settled down.
Hope this helps.

Take care!
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A report from Missouri Medicine argues that, despite earlier media coverage, increased omega-3 fatty acid intake does not increase prostate cancer risk.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.
10 prostate cancer misconceptions debunked.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.