Prostate Cancer Forum

results after TURP

I had a TURP, 10 days ago. After the nurse removed the cathether, I had a hard time voiding. The surgeon gave me celebrex together with 8mm of doxazosin. After 20 hours, I was able to void with a decent stream...in fact it slowly it became a great stream!

The surgeon, told me to slowly lower my dose of celebrex and doxasosin after about four days. It has been 10 days now and my stream has weakened.

What do you think is happening?
Dear Denniss:

Doxazosin mesylate is a quinazoline compound that is a selective inhibitor of the alpha1 subtype of alpha adrenergic receptors. The primary effect of this drug is vasodilation and as a result lower blood pressure. Your decreased urine output is probably the result of the lower dose of doxazosin mesylate. You should follow-up with your urologist to determine the best course of action.

Best,

Ash Tewari, MD
A report from Missouri Medicine argues that, despite earlier media coverage, increased omega-3 fatty acid intake does not increase prostate cancer risk.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.
10 prostate cancer misconceptions debunked.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.