Aa
A
A
A
Close
Psychopharmacology Community
130 Members

4months and cant sleep after quitting zyprexa!!!

Hi!

i have been on en of zyprexa for over 3 years now. have been some month without between those years,
but mostly on it.
Now i have been free from zyprexa for 4 months now. I have no psychotic symptoms. BUT i cant sleep!!! I had to start on seroquel because i couldt not sleep at all.I have jused seroquel in small periods for sleep a occasnally. if i was very lucky i got 2 hours sleep per night/morning whit out taking any medesine. I did not think it had something to do with zyprexa, because i never got notably sleepy of it. So now i have been on 25mg seroquel for 2 months, and i cant sleep with out!
even if i tok a small dose of seroquel, the 25 mg dose, i still had/have problems to sleep.......
I have never had problems quitting antipsychotics before, but now i have real problems.... Im back at squer one...
And the ******* worst of all, that zyprexa did not work on me!!!  my psychiatrist sad that i hadd to take something even if i have tried a lot of other medications. It had to look good on papir. (In Norway the the healtcare system cant be judged as long they have filld you with a sort of  medicine even if it dont work)

What should i do? go cold turkey, or should i taper the 25mg seroquel dose to half?..... and then quit after 2 months after beeing on  12.5mg? My psychiatrist have only sead to me that i have to quit slowly.... bu hello! how slowly.... will this madness ever end?:(
0 Responses
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.