Pulmonary Hypertension Forum

RV

Does this M-Mode of my heart looks like right ventricular hypertrophy? I'm worried about PH, but doctors didn't mention anything. TAPSE 24mm, my RVSP was 25mmHg (TR 2.27m/s)

Photo is here:
http://www.medhelp.org/user_photos/show/482376
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Hard for me to tell by the m-mode if it meets criteria for RVH.  But you have a normal TAPSE and (by echo estimated pressure measurements) do not have any indirect evidence of pulmonary hypertension.

A thorough history and exam, ECG and echo would help me if I were seeing you as a patient.  But from what you have provided me, I do not see evidence of PH.

Best,

Dr. Rich
Sorry for many posts! I forgot to say my Grandfather died of COPD (heavy smoker) and he also had Buerger's disease.
My spirometry results were FEV1 100% but FEV1/FVC 0.73, so could my heavy smoking and upcoming mild COPD contribute to right ventricular hypertrophy without pulmonary hypertension?
1. Your ECG does not suggest any evidence of RVH
2. Your "heavy smoking" is likely to contribute to an incredible number of potentially serious medical conditions (including possible COPD).  I know it is difficult to do, but if you are worried about your health, the first thing you do today is throw your cigarettes away and stop smoking forever.

Best,

Dr. Rich
Thank you Dr. Rich, you are very informative! Thanks for your time!
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.