Radiology Community
534 Members

Do straps used for immobilization affect cranio-facial CT scan quality in some way ?

I've recently had done cranio-facial CT scan and (without contrasting agent) The technician used straps to immobilize my head.

I was wondering whether these straps will  be visible on these xrays or not ? I'd like to have my forehead area as visible as possible.
In understand your concern regarding these straps. Straps and pillows may help you stay in position and would not significantly affect the results. Also, during CT scan, each rotation of the gantry yields several images of thin slices of the body which will help better visualization of structures. Hope this helps. Take care and do keep us posted.