Radiology Community
529 Members

comparison of radiation levels

I would like to know the difference between the amount of radiation exposure from a liver scan with tagged rbc compared to a liver CT scan.  Is there some sort of chart with numbers which can provide such information?

TIA.
I understand your concern regarding the amount  of radiation present in liver ct scan and liver scan. Can you elaborate on the tagged rbc procedure you mentioned? Normally, people get about 3 millisieverts of radiation each year from background environmental radiation. A  CT scan can deliver anywhere from 2 to 10 millisieverts of radiation, depending on what type of scan a patient receives. Talk to your attending physician about this also for proper evaluation. Take care and regards.