Radiology (Diagnostic) Forum

Chest X-Ray - Pregnancy Risk?

I found out that I was 8 week pregnant on 4/23.  Mixed reaction. Prior to travel, I had immunization shots (Hep A, Hep B (1 booster only), Typhoid, Polio) - around 2/19.  Traveled to Asia on 3/2.  In the first few weeks of March, got the cold.  Took 1-2 pills of Tylenol (Cold & Allergy) & Nyquil.  Took 1/2 pill of Ambien one night.   Was drinking 1-2 small glasses of beer or wine daily for about 2 weeks in early March.  

Had a chest X-ray on 3/11 (immigration purpose). Am worried about my first pregnancy and would appreciate medical information on any risks to the fetal development.  Am considering options in a foreign land.  Thank you.
A single chest x ray is very low radiation - equivalent to just 3 days background radiation and therefore I can reassure you that this is unlikely to have any consequences.

The rest of your questions would be more appropriate for a different forum or discussions with your obstetrician.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.