Radiology (Diagnostic) Forum

ct without oral contrast

would a ct without oral contrast miss adenopathy?
I has iv contrast but not oral contrast of abdomen pelvic
thank you
CT scan of abdomen is usually done with oral contrast and i/v contrast and using both is essential to comment on lymphandenopathy. It is difficult to differentiate lymphnodes from unopacified bowel loops.
I have had  multiple hernia repair all at once last Nov. Starting this March I began not feeling well only to find out after 5 repeated noncontrast use CT scans that I have a abdomen abscess. I was treated three time may-aug with 2 jp drain tubes and then a wound vac. After thinking I was o.k. through sept and oct. we have found through ct no contrast a "residual abscess". What causes this? Also why is it that some radiologist claim they cant "see" an abscess, yet its there (3.3cm x 1.6 cm) and the surgeon can look and see it?
Help?
Thanks,
Dakota-ohio USA
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.