Rare Diseases Community

I need a miracle

I have spine issues among other things as well.
I have a syrinx from T6 through T9, bluging c4, c5 L5 and s1
I experience a a alot of pain all the time , numbness in my hands , feet and legs,I also have pulmonary hypertension, diabetes, fibromyalgia, Osteo arthritis, sleep apnea, carpal tunnel syndrom in both wrist,
narclepsia, also hypothyroidism , Is there any help for me except for waiting for me to become paralized or me just dead.
Please help!!!!

Hi the condition of having a syrinx is called syringomyelia....it is a related condition to Chiari malformation...and most NS's that threat Chiari can also treat syringomyelia......

Many of ur symptoms can be attributed to this condition and I wonder if u were ever tested to see if u also had Chiari as the thoracic spine is unusual to have a syrinx as it is the most protected area so it is most likely not from an injury.

I invite u to join us in the Chiari forum- http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Chiari-Malformation/show/257?camp=msc

"selma"

Yes I have had mri's and the syrnx was from T7 to T9 and the last Mri
I had it was T6 to T9 I deal with stiffness, joint pain, headaches, numbness in extremities , sometimes on the right side my being able to tell the temp of water is off .
What I mean what might be hot to some people would be just warm to me. I have read about the thoracic syrnyx and it said the ones that is
experiencing all these symptoms which i do have more symptoms then what I am saying . I also have problems at times of standing up from a sitting positions and lately i have some light headed ness . sometimes it comes on from a sitting going to a standing but also just happens.
I went to bed last night with a bad headache and then woke up with one and had it most of the day even after taking a aleve for it then I ate and it helped a little more but kept a dule pain through out the day.
My right hand often goes numb when writing , driving, peeling potatos
sometimes even typing . SOme times my small toes go numb and stays numb for weeks. My legs goes numb periodically when I am sitting or laying . I just feel like there is no hlep for me .
I make the best of each day that I have and I feel at this point I think thats the best I could do I dont ponder on my condition even though I deal with pain every day I just try not to think about it and get my mind on other things. When God is ready to end my suffering I guess that is when my relief will happen until then I will make the best of what I can of my life.

It is possible that u have a condition related to chiari called P.O.T.S......it is  a BP issue and will affect u when u change positions, such as from a sitting to standing position.....

Are u able to record ur BP when u change positions? if it changes drastically it could be P.O.T.S......

U just need a Dr that is well informed with chiari and related conditions, there is help out there.

"selma"
While I am not trying only to comfort you but also trying to give you certain facts.While your MRI have shown syrinx they could well be artifacts.
Syrinx-like artifacts on MR images of the spinal cord.
M J Bronskill, E R McVeigh, W Kucharczyk and R M Henkelman
February 1988 Radiology, 166,
You ust get investigated for a possible subacute combined degeneration(B12 deficiency)
Subacute combined degeneration is a disorder of the spine, brain, and nerves that involves weakness, abnormal sensations, mental problems, and vision difficulties. Symptoms include: Abnormal sensations (tingling and numbness.

I think you deserve a therapeutic trial as well since this is eminently treatable.
Best wishes for speedy and total recovery.
'You must get'... typographic error regretted.
But then do get investigated along these lines also before any therapy. Consult your doc.
New study links cell phones to slightly increased cancer risk. Should you be concerned?