Mucus in throat/Coughing

Dear all,

I am 46 years old. I have excessive mucus in my throat since last November.
I started by coughing and suffered during 3 months. I passed all medical exams and did not get any useful solution from doctors. Finally my coughing disappeared this February. But I did not get a day to celebrating because the mucus is still there.

I have started to cough again since last weekend. It is due to a cold. Now I know I have two troubles: mucus in my throat (it might last many months) and combined with a coughing (it will last again 3 months?).

How hard my life is? I hate Mucus and/or coughing.

Could you give me some ideas or encouragement?

Kind regards.

Pengyou
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Did they recommend a vegan diet for month or so?
Helpful - 0
No.
Could that help?
Helpful - 0
How are you? Do you still have mucus in your throat or cough? Chronic cough, one that lasts for more than 3 weeks may be attributed to smoking, certain medications, allergies, asthma or heartburn. Postnasal drip or the mucus that runs down your throat from your nose can be caused by allergies. You may be experiencing this. If you have postnasal drip from allergies, try to avoid the things you are allergic to. This can be dust, smoke, pollen, pets or chemical fumes. An over-the-counter antihistamine-decongestant combination may help stop your allergies and your cough. Talk to your doctor about this for proper management. Take care and best regards.
Helpful - 0
Rowena Santos,
Thank you very much.
I still have mucus in my throat with a little pain. The cough is finally finished. My nose is more and more blocked and a little bleeding now due to the deviated septum. As I don't want to be operated during the winter and I am not so convinced that a surgeon might help, I have to suffer for the moment.
Is this a part of my life? However, I am still happy if I don't have lung cancer, throat cancer or nose cancer.
Pengyou
Helpful - 0
It is good that your cough has resolved. For the blocked/stuffy nose, drink plenty of water and take an over-the-counter decongestant for 5 days. It is normal for our body to experience some illness once in a while because our body is made that way. And you are right in saying that we should be grateful that it is not as debilitating as cancer. Take care and do keep us posted.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Rare Diseases Community

New study links cell phones to slightly increased cancer risk. Should you be concerned?
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.