Poor Circulation?

So I went to the dermotologist and he says that I have Cutis Marmorata (or marble skin) which is from poor circulation and blood flow which may be cause by a blood disorder, vitamin deficiency or lyme lupus etc. He is running every blood test under the sun. I definitely have been noticing tingling and swelling in hands and feet. I'm really nervous about what this could mean! Any idea or experience with this diagnosis.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest

Cutis marmorata is a condition where the skin has a pinkish blue mottled or marbled appearance when exposed to cold. It occurs in about 50% of children; however it can also affect adults. It is usually genetic but may be caused by external factors such as viral infection. The disease usually improves on it’s own, but it can be associated with other congenital anomalies such as glaucoma, vascular abnormalities which may require treatment.

Do keep us posted about you doctor’s consultation.
Take care.
Regards
Helpful - 0
thanks so much for responding. The thing is it's not only when I'm exposed to certain temperatures it's all the time and it's spreading. The Dr. says there is something wrong with my blood flow. I've had tingling in my hands as well and not the white spots are on my knuckles too. What could be wrong here?
Helpful - 0
bump
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Rare Diseases Community

New study links cell phones to slightly increased cancer risk. Should you be concerned?
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.