Rare Diseases Community

Scleroderma

My fiancee was diagnosed with scleroderma, both morphea and diffuse about 7 yrs ago. Today a rheumatologist told us she doesn't think he has it based on the fact that the blood vessels in his hand did not react when she put mineral oil on them. Is it possible he still has it or is she right.
His symptoms include: leg pain, dry eyes and mouth, joint pain, musscle pain, leg spasms, lumps on his head during an attack, confusion, sensativity to heat and cold, among others.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
The only way to confirm is go for antibodies testing. Anti-topoisomerase antibodies (positive for diffuse systemic form), or anti-centromere antibodies (for limited systemic form) should be done. Dry eyes and mouth, leg pain etc can be due to Sjogren’s syndrome. Electrolyte imbalance can also cause this. Vit B12 deficiency too should be looked at.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

New study links cell phones to slightly increased cancer risk. Should you be concerned?
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.