Rare Diseases Community

Upper lips tingle

What does it mean when your upper lip tingles when your eyes water? I have had a problem for a while with my eyes constantly watering. No one seems to understand why. Recently I noticed that my upper lip tingles when my eyes start to water. I told my eye doctor and he says that contacts will help with the watering but what about the tingling.
Hi.Not sure if this will help but I suffer from migraine and the first thing I feel,before the headache starts, is my lips going numb or tingling.The fact that your eyes water as well could be a certain type of migraine.Might be worth looking in to.Cath278.
Welcome to the forum!
Agreed, it could be a variant of ophthalmic migraine or ocular migraine. If you do not have headaches then you must look at hypothyroidism, hypoparathyroidism or calcium metabolism problems. It could also be an allergic reaction to something that makes your eyes water and upper lip tingle.
Please discuss this with your doctor. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
New study links cell phones to slightly increased cancer risk. Should you be concerned?
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.