Rare Diseases Community

Urine Body Odor

I know someone that smells like urine. Some assume that she does not wipe appropriately after urinating, but it doesn't seem to be that too me because the smell begins mid morning and gets stronger throughout the day. It seems like its coming out of her pores, especially her hair on her head. Any ideas what the cause or solution to this is?
How are you? The strong smell of ammonia in the urine comes from "urea", a by-product of urine. A diet high in protein or infection with  helicobacter bacteria may be responsible. Proteins contain nitrogen and the nitrogen is eventually converted to ammonia and passes through the sweat glands and kidneys.Have this checked by your doctor for proper management. The medical history and some diagnostic tests may help determine the underlying cause. Take care and do keep us posted.
New study links cell phones to slightly increased cancer risk. Should you be concerned?