Aa
A
A
A
Close
Rare Diseases Community
2.56k Members

acute pancreatitis

have got acute pancreatitis it has recovered  can i get it back again i get bad back pain after i eat would that have something to do with that
1 Responses
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi,
How are you? Acute pancreatitis or sudden swelling and inflammation of the pancreas can be attributed to a variety of causes. It can indeed be treated with medications or stopping food or fluid by mouth to limit the activity of the pancreas. Usually, treating the condition that caused the problem can prevent repeated attacks. Most cases go away in a week but it can also return. The likelihood of it returning depends on the cause, and how successfully it can be treated. Repeat episodes of acute pancreatitis can also lead to chronic pancreatitis. To lower your risk of repeat episodes of pancreatitis, avoid drinking too much alcohol and have regular follow-up with your attending physician. Laboratory tests that show the release of pancreatic enzymes include like increased blood amylase level, increased serum blood lipase level or increase urine amylase level can be done to determine any recurrences. Take care and do keep us posted.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
New study links cell phones to slightly increased cancer risk. Should you be concerned?
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.