Rare Diseases Community

diagnosis?

A friend has a diagnosis of Hashimoto disease since 5 years. Over the last 3 months she is experiencing an acute deterioration in her condition with severe burning pain mostly in her legs, but also in arms, face, in her armpits, groin. She is unable to sit due to pain in her left leg. She also complains of severe nausea, loss of appetite. All these symptoms together cause periods of complete debilitating "crashes". Her pains are becoming more and more intolerable and she is becoming less able to do any activity. She has no loss of function in arms or legs or balance problems.
Sofar one specialist has diagnosed her with fibromyalgia. We are not convinced it is fibromyalgia yet.
If anyone has some information that might help us to get to the bottom of this, I would really appreciate your response. Thanks for your time.
Thanks for writing to the forum!
The symptoms in your friend’s case could be due to spinal nerve compression in the lumbo-sacral region. This can occur due to spondylosis, narrowing of root canal, bulging disc, reduced disc space, tumors etc. A MRI of the region can help you diagnose this.
Another possibility is associated uncontrolled diabetes. Another possibility is approaching menopause.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

New study links cell phones to slightly increased cancer risk. Should you be concerned?