Rare Diseases Community

vaginal leiomyoma

I am 56 yrs old and have had a parital hysterectomy for 27 yrs. I have recently been diagnoised with a vaginal leiomyoma. From what I have been told this very rare. Any one have info on this and what kind of treatment will be appreciated.
How are you?  Vaginal leiomyomas are indeed rare and can be  asymptomatic or present with symptoms, such as dyspareunia, pain, or dysuria. These are estrogen-dependent tumors and can grow rapidly during pregnancy and regress after menopause. Imaging studies such as MRI and CT scan help estimate the extent of the mass and its possible adjacent involvement. Surgery has generally been the treatment of choice fro this type of tumor. It is best that you have this checked by your gynecologist for proper evaluation. Take care and do keep us posted.
New study links cell phones to slightly increased cancer risk. Should you be concerned?
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
How eating more salt may actually save your life.