Reconstructive Surgery Forum

Left Breast Pain 15 years after Augmentation

As a teenage girl my left breast failed to develop properly.  There was such a difference that the medical insurance covered it completely once I turned 16.  I am now 31 and I have been experiencing sharp intermittent pain at the top of the breast as well as the same area feeling quite sore.  This has been happening off and on for about 6 years, but here recently it has progressively gotten more painful and more frequent.  I have no insurance and was wondering what it could possibly be.  Being that it is on the left side I was concerned it might be my heart.  I am unsure  of what to do next and a little scared.  Thank you in advance for any information you might have
It is likely that you have a ruptured left implant with scar contractures. The scars then involve the muscles and hurt on exercise. The only option is removal and replacement. This would possibly be covered by insurance. At your young age, a heart attack is unlikely, but one should have this checked also.

arch s miller ms md facs
Wish you could get back your pre-pregnancy body? Dr. Michael B. Wolfeld explains why new mothers are undergoing a cosmetic precedure called the "mommy makeover."
Whether you have excess skin that needs removal or want a quick fix for those vanity pounds, there are options. Plastic surgeon Michael B. Wolfeld, MD, describes two types of tummy tucks.
Ophthalmologist Michael Kutryb reports on the success (or failure!) of LATISSE.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.