Reconstructive Surgery Forum

Reconstruction complications

I had breast reconstruction surgery about a week ago, they put implants in: and I am not happy with the results. Previously (about 4 years ago) I had radiation on the right breast. Now the skin is tight, thick and will not stretch. What can I do for the skin to make it stretch more? Is there any other options that I have to make my breast the size I want them again with this new found skin problem?
It is a common occurrence for radiated skin to tighten if an implant is used. You will need to have a flap of tissue that has not been radiated brought into the area to get you a successful reconstruction.  Stretching it more may make more problems. You will need a tram flap, LD or back flap, or DIEP or GAP flap done to get a soft result.

arch s miller ms md facs
Wish you could get back your pre-pregnancy body? Dr. Michael B. Wolfeld explains why new mothers are undergoing a cosmetic precedure called the "mommy makeover."
Whether you have excess skin that needs removal or want a quick fix for those vanity pounds, there are options. Plastic surgeon Michael B. Wolfeld, MD, describes two types of tummy tucks.
Ophthalmologist Michael Kutryb reports on the success (or failure!) of LATISSE.