adenoma and colitis-associated dysplasia

From a colonoscopy, a pathological examination stated that there was "adenomatous mucosa/low grade dysplasia. It noted that sporadic adenoma and colitis-associated dysplasia could not be definitively distinguished from each other. However, it said that the presence of colitis favors colitis-associated dysplasia". One of the polyps was able to be removed through a colonoscopy, but the other one was embedded and needed to be surgically removed.  How long would you recommend the patient wait have it removed? Would 6-8 months be okay or would you recommend a lot sooner.  Also, how long would it take for a rectal cancer to change from not reaching a margin to reaching one. Could that happen within 6-8 months?
Your pathology report sounds very benign. I would defer to your GI to decide when to take the other polyp out.  No one can tell how long it takes for a carcinoma in situ to become invasive, but your pathology report did not show any premalignant findings at all.  Granted, they are not always accurate.  But you didn't mention how big your polyps are.  I suspect that they are rather small - for sub centimeter polyps, the likelihood of malignancy is very very low.  If it's over 2-3 centimeters, your GI would have called attention to the surgeon and onc right away.