Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Baby daddy Problems .

If Yall Had A Baby daddy That had Cheated On You . And You dont want Him . but He Want To keep His baby and Keep It forever And he trying to get custody Of It . So I told Him That he is not allowed To see my Baby Just because He said That . because i dont want My Baby Daddy getting Full custody of Are Baby . To Be Honest ! i do Not know what To do .
12 Responses
9923140 tn?1407723429
The only way he can get full custody is if you're a drug addict or and alcoholic. If you're clean you have nothing to worry about. That baby is yours, is gonna take alot from him to be able to take the baby away from you. Its almost impossible, unless your not okay or something.
If he is the biological father of the child you can't stop him from having his legal rights. If he chooses not to pursue them you can always just let that be, but he has just as much right to that baby as you do. As far as him getting full custody, there is no reason they would take the child away from you unless the child was in immediate danger in your care, or you are unfit. I wouldn't stress yourself out about him getting full custody unless there is a reason you KNOW he would get it. But as far as visitation and anything else along those lines, I would be expecting to have to figure that out. Just take it as it actually comes, and pay no mind to the threats. 9 times out of 10 the whole "I'm taking the baby from you and getting full custody" crap is just an empty threat. Regardless of who it is coming from. Do what you need to do and don't worry about the rest.
9923140 tn?1407723429
She's right
973741 tn?1342342773
COMMUNITY LEADER
Different states have different laws and it is not true that all states favor a mother.  Many see fathers as equally important and are partial to giving joint custody (50/50) with both mothers and fathers.  Some will at the very least allow for visitation on a regular basis.  

they will investigate both of you to make sure you are both sound and fit parents (and I'm sure you are).  That would include drug testing, seeing where you are living and with whom, etc.  HE'LL have to fit the bill as well.  

A court will allow the father to have time with his child if he wants to.  While it hurts and I can't imagine sending my child away from me for even a minute, that is the reality of split parents.  A child will want a relationship with both mom and dad.  Again, I know that is really hard but that is just the reality.  good luck sweetie
I mean I dont Do No Drugs , Nothing . He just Want the Baby .
973741 tn?1342342773
COMMUNITY LEADER
Right.  I get that.  I'm saying that he is the father and will most likely need some sort of visitation or partial custody because of that unless HE is unfit based on drug tests and lifestyle issues.  I do agree that it is really hard though to think about giving our baby over for even a minute.  But the court thinks it is best for a child to know both parents.  At least often they do.  But your state's laws are the best place to start and a really good lawyer to fight visitation if you don't think he Is stable for it.

But he won't set it up where you CAN'T also have joint custody or primary custody with his visitation.  good luck
480448 tn?1426948538
Don't let your personal issues with the father of your child (cheating) affect your decisions to do right by your child...which would be to foster and nurture BOTH relationships, with you and with the baby's Dad.  There are just SO many broken homes anymore these days, and children who lack a relationship with one of their parents really are the ones who suffer in the end.

You're going to be connected to this man for the rest of your life because of the child.  The sooner you two can learn to be civil and co-parent, the easier it will be on everyone.

Good luck to you.
480448 tn?1426948538
Oh, and despite  what he said about custody...don't interfere with him seeing the baby.  That's not okay.  His visitations are important.  Put yourself in his shoes.  Would you think it's fair if he kept the baby from you, say if you told him YOU were going to seek full custody?  Of course not.
Thank You ladies ! But i scared Soon as The Baby come That All hell Is Going To break Loose !
480448 tn?1426948538
It may not be pretty, but you're going to have to step up the the plate and handle it like a mature adult.  Is this your first child hon?

Some of the toughest decisions and choices are made in the best interest of the child that is involved.  It's HARD to put your personal feelings for this man aside, but if you don't, that's when the baby becomes a pawn, or a bargaining chip, and that never ends well.

Hopefully he will act as an adult too, but you cannot control that...you can only control YOU and how YOU proceed.
Thank You So Mush . Im Going to like Meet up With him so we Can Talk about This .'
I wouldn't worry too much about this until the baby arrives.  He is probably saying this to upset you because you want nothing to do with him as far as a romantic relationship.  

There is NO way he can get 100% custody UNLESS you are proven to be unfit.  Though he cheated on you that doesn't have any bearing on his right to see his child.  You will have to think about the child and put your feelings/emotions aside.  Easier said then done, but it is something that you will have to do.

You can always consult a lawyer/seek legal advice to know exactly what your rights are and what his rights are.
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Relationships Community

Top Relationships Answerers
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
3060903 tn?1398565123
Other
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.