A
A
A
Close
Relationships Community
6.42k Members
6726276 tn?1421126668

Husband must Work Abroad during the Holidays

Does your Husband have to work outside the Country for the Holidays?
   Mine is gone & will be gone for New Years too. And my Birthday in mid January.
In years past, when he was abroad, I planned holiday party's & invited some of the locals here in Costa Rica. This year,I gave out Christmas bonus's & gave the workers time off.  I'm struggling & want to be alone,except sometimes I wish my husband could be here to celebrate with me.
   Is it just traditional not to be alone?  What should I do to infuse some Holiday Cheer? The cat & dog don't want to dress up,( just kidding).
1 Responses
973741 tn?1342342773
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi there.  Well, what is going on that you want to be alone?  Are you tired from something?  Could you have a little depression?  I don't think it is bad to spend time alone as long as YOU are okay with it but if it is very out of character for you, then I worry a bit.  

I'm good at planning something special for myself and can entertain myself quite well.  But I would hate for you to feel lonely or to be bothered about being alone.  

so, how are things in general with you?  doing alright?  Is this wanting to be alone an extension of something else?

Maybe your husband could surprise you and come back for one of the special days?  
Top Relationships Answerers
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
3060903 tn?1398565123
Other
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child