Relationships Community

Obsesity is sexy?

I am openly asking the men I guess of this forum....what do you consider as "obsese" in a number size & should a woman who is in that weight range dress in corsets, thigh-high stockings, short skirts or literally anything of sexy?

How fat is fat? I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder but, what if one does dress nice & is a good person, should they "play up their assets" so to speak & start dressing & thinking sexy to attract a man? What about going on sex-content related websites even?

Thanks for any info.
I going to jump in on this one.  Just because a woman is obese, does not mean that inside side doesn't feel sexy and their are men who do go for the women that are obsese, but sooner or later the weight  will because an issue due to health reason, especially to the heart. How fat is fat, if a person is obese, this is an unhealthy, unhealthy person, who's life is potentially in danger. I'm a beliver that a man has to love you and accept you as you are and everyone deserves to be loved and feel sexy too!

Website....nothing but trash!

Best wishes and I hope you find that special man who will love you for who you are and also, make sure to stay healthy so that you can enjoy him!
One more tought....Obesity itself is not sexy, it is unhealthy, but what make a person sexy is how  sexy you feel inside, how you carry yourself and it will radiate from the inside out and guy's will take notice regardless of the weight.
If a woman is over weight that is fine, obese then some weight loss measures should be taken for the health of that woman.

Personally I like a woman who is not the slim model type. I like a woman who has some extra weight. Dress how you want in public but when in the bedroom, thigh highs, thongs all that stuff....yes wear it.

But don't dress sexy just to attract someone. A lot of women will dress real "sexy/trashy" and what is the first thing that comes to a guys mind...I can get her the first night. Do you want to be looked at as easy or someone who wants to be respected?
All i can tell you is what my second husband said about women i was 5 ft about 106 but my waist was so skinny, and i guess i just looked underfed as a restraunt would pile on the food, and i could not eat it i was a light eater, my husband said that he liked a woman with some meat on her bones, but when he heard me laugh, it caught his attention, he liked a women with a good sense of humor his former wife was obese, but he said he had no problem with that, but he hated to walk down the street with a skinny woman because people mught feel he did not feed them odd, but that was his point of view, now that has been many years ago and i always dressed to please myself, and i figure if you please your self, and beyourself you will probably feel better, i know nothing about this new breed of people as i am much older, and as you say beauty is in the eyes of the beholder be your self and if you want to dress sexy do it  maybe some of the men will come forward and give their views  luck  jo
This will probably sound mean, but I do not find obesity sexy at all, i'm completely with Judy on this one. I think it's very sad that our country(well usa is where i am) has such an obesity problem. And it makes me mad that you can find all these books and websites and tv shows where people are celebrating being obese. We should NOT be celebrating the fact that we are unhealthy, and being obese means you ARE unhealthy and being overweight can lead to many medical problems. Now i'm no super skinny person, I still have a good extra 40lbs on me leftover from pregnancy that i am working off and I'm only 5'2 which doesn't help lol. And even with just this extra 40lbs I have medical problems with my back constantly. I understand these books, websites and tv shows are trying to help with people self confidence but come on. We should be more focused on being healthy, instead of trying to make people feel better. So in other words no i do not find being completely unhealthy(i.e obese) to be sexy. sorry

Yeah, i'm probably going to  get criticized about this post, but I've always been bluntly honest, sorry to anyone who may get offended lol
i'm with you megochick. it's great that a heavy set person is happy with their self image; however i do not find it attractive (whether it's man or woman) i think it is a serious health risk that needs addressed. i'm not a skinny minnie (anymore) i do have a good 10-20 lbs to loose before i'm back to my pre pregnancy weight but i still don't think obesity is something to be celebrated. it's something that should make you concerned.

as far as dressing sexy...in the bedroom that's great. in public...not so much. even if a girl is fit and in shape dressing "sexy" (the short, short skirts/shorts, skin tight jeans, low rise jeans so low you can see the bum crack or thong/panties, belly shirts and what not) is inappropriate and not something everyone wants to see.
I'd like to comment ok....soon as I can, I'll get a photo of myself up here then, you all can judge but, to post honestly before I do. I know I'm obese. I am constantly walking & cutting back on foods. I'm 5'6" & 255. That's awful & I know it.

However, what's really, really, really STRANGE to me in regards to this subject is how women who are even more heavy than myself will dress very, very sexy & go around with a no-care attitude like they are the best women on the planet for men. I would NEVER in my God's honest truth ever would do such a thing. I'm quite the opposite. I always wear too-big or overly baggy clothes & cover-up whenever allocated. I KNOW men do NOT want to see my rolls, bulges & globbulous flab!!! Why would I want to accentuate it? Why would I go around acting like I'm so sexy & slim & perfect?

I am so sorry to sound ignorant but, I will NEVER understand people who do those things or have those attitudes!!!! Seriously, w/ my shyness, I wouldn't even IMAGINE myself in a corset or some other type of lingerie that is NOT for my size, etc. I am NOT sexy nor ever will be. That's a fact.

That's why I ask what men REALLY think of women my size & above, wearing such things & behaving in such ways.....if those are the way to go, maybe I should try to break-out of my shy shell & maybe I'd find a really nice guy. I have tried SO many other options but, nothing is working therefore, that's why I suggested this.

Maybe I'm going about it all wrong. Maybe I need to be Ms. Thang who is sexy & doesn't care & do whatever.
Oh just wanted to add, that I don't think it's appropriate for ANYONE to wear overtly sexy clothes regardless of their size.  I'm sorry but I don't care what size you are I DO NOT want to see your entire rack out for viewing and i do not want to see your thong or butt hanging half way out of your pants when you bend over slightly lol I think it's fine to dress sexy but there is such a think as being sexy in a classy way without showing all the goods you have! Woman need to realize that, when you let everyone see all you have to offer they are not going to get a very good impression of you, and are going to think you are easy. The only situation where very sexy clothes are acceptable is in the bedroom and if your dancing on a pole(even though i do not approve of strip clubs)

On the opposite side of the spectrum, dressing in baggy clothes is not going to do anyone justice. When you where baggy clothes no one can see your shape at all and you just end up looking bigger than you actually are, which doesn't help the self confidence at all. You need to be dressing in clothing that fits you. The right fit and size will do wonders for your body and make you look a lot better than baggy clothes will. Right after I had my daughter, i was feeling bad about being overweight and dressed mostly in baggy clothes too, which made me look like a big round ball lol and made me feel worse about myself so i went out an bought clothes that actually fit right and accentuated my best features and i looked so much lighter just by getting better fitting clothes, which in turn made me feel so much better and helped actually motivate me to exercise more and get back into a healthy weight.

Sorry long story, but i think the baggy clothes will definitely throw men off because no one, regardless of size, looks good in baggy oversized clothing.
twinkly,  there are men who really like heavy girls.  There are websites of very large women,  in black lace stuff - and men do pay to see it.

Different strokes - these women who dress this way must be getting positive feedback.

On the other hand,  I'm kind of surprised to see young girls,  who are otherwise fairly pretty,  with their bare fat bellies exposed.  It's like the muffin top thing.  That doesn't look good,  girls.  If you have a very noticeable muffin top,  cover it up with a loser shirt!

So I guess really Twinkly I see what you're saying . . .
As someone who has been on both the fat and skinny side, I know all about this subject! LOL!! When I was heavier I dressed just like my mom. In fact, I wore my mom's clothes because I couldn't fit into any of mine (baby weight). My self esteem was so low and I didn't have that attitude of not caring what other people thought. I went from being skinny, to gaining 60 pounds with my first pregnancy. I went from being a good looking girl that turned heads, to never getting a second glance. I eventually lost all but 15 pounds of that weight and gradually built up my wardrobe to fit my body and my taste. I met my husband during that time. We got married after  5 months of dating, and 2 months after that I was pregnant. I gained 40 pounds with that pregnancy. Three months after having our daughter, I found out I was pregnant yet again! I gained 20 with that one. When I went into the hospital to have my 3rd child, my weight was 224 lbs. My husband did everything he could to help me with my self image but nothing worked. I knew what I had to do if I wanted my self esteem back and that was lose the weight. I couldn't get motivated. I had 3 small children to take care of, plus work a full time job and take care of the house. The weight started dropping little by little but I'm pretty sure it was because of how busy I was (I wasn't exercising).

I've lost 75 lbs and counting (I exercise now..yoga to be exact) and watch what I eat a lot more carefully. My self esteem has been restored and I feel good about myself again.

I see big girls that I think have a great sex appeal about them. Not in the way they dress, but in the way they carry themselves. You can tell if they feel good about themselves or if they want to hide and become invisible. I think skinny is not sexy at all! Who likes bones sticking out everywhere, my husband always did like a woman with a little meat on their bones and tried to fatten me up when he met me! lol  He succeeded too!

Fat is fat. It smells, wiggles, jiggles and kills. Big is beautiful as long as it is toned and not sliding into everyone elses space. I mean, there is fat and then there is fat! There is all kinds of fat. Some have big butts, others have bellies that hang to the knees, others have it in the chest and the butt. Others look like pears with all the weight being under the waist and then some look like apples all the weight above the waist, so it is hard to answer your question from either a mans or womans point of view. IMO Which fat do you consider your self to be, or are you even talking about you?
What about the confusion though in discriminating of fatness =sexiness? I don't see the correlation.

I know about my weight & I'll always dress plainly b/c of my career. Not to mention that, I'm not a partier or outgoing. Nor, would I ever consider myself sexy in any firm regard.

I just find it amazing how really, really large people have such an attitude that they're SO sexy yet, in health terms, they're really not.

Don't you all think too, that these "men" are only "settling" for these women & vice versa? That's not love....sorry, I'd rather be single forever then ever settle...