It doesn't sound like you have kids, so maybe calling it quits at this point is for the best.
She wants to live like an adult married couple, not like teenagers with parents.
Probably, to her, it seems unlikely that you will be able to make good on leaving your parent's home within the next year, and so she's given you a 6 month deadline to get a little apartment and spread your adult wings and fly.
Looks to me like that's a fair goal - she's out of there if you aren't able to live like an adult couple in 6 months.
Can you manage that?
I hope this isn't a case of "failure to launch."
Well, I agree with RR.
I am thinking this older man seems more established, i.e. has his own home, which equals security.
Not sure why you got married when you can't really offer your wife a home or at least an apartment. If the economy was bad then why not wait to get married?
I was initially the one who had proposed to delay marriage by a year or two however, my wife was the one wanted to get married sooner rather than later. I did speak with her about this older man and the possibility of security however, she says it has nothing to do with that. In any case, I realize I cannot stay at home with my "mommy" and "daddy" in order to make this marriage work and have decided to move out into an apartment with her to make this marriage work even if it is not financial ideal to be able to do so. Thanks for the input.
I agree that it is about time we got our own place. It isnt ideal for a young married couple to flourish in their relationship if we cant have our own independence. I plan on moving out with her into an apartment by the end of the year and have told her so. We are currently looking into finding a marriage counselor and she has agreed to make try and make the marriage work for now. She told me she plans on telling her co worker that he needs to leave her alone and keep things strictly professional at work while she tries to work on her marriage, although I am still unsure how feasible this really is, if he is constantly around her and works in close proximity. She does not want to quit her job because she says she loves her job and I do not want to force her to do so because I think that will be unfair. A this point I will just have to take her at her word that she will do what she says and is ready to give a 100% into making the marriage work. She said we will reevaluate where we are in december so I guess we will see how things pan out. Thanks for your input. appreciate it
i think you're making a mistake waiting until Dec. If it were me, i would look for a place immediately. You're both working. I think that the benefits would outweigh the negatives.