missed period while using nuvaring

ive been on the ring for  six months and i take mine out on monday and seven days later i put it in on monday also wen i take it out on monday my period usually comes friday and last until sunday nite and this week it didnt i used condoms and had the ring in i dnt know wats goin on shuld i b worried i never missed a period wen i was on the ring before shuld i still put  the ring back in without having had my period
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
I would call your doctor and ask them.  Also, take a HPT.  There's a small chance you could be pregnant.  If you used condoms I highly doubt it but if you happen to be pregnant you don't want to put the ring back in and risk harming the fetus in any way.  I was on the Nuvaring for 2 years and never had this problem but when I took it out my period started within 2 days.  It never took 5 days.  I would call your doctor and ask them about that too.  Good luck!
I agree with vmvnpv response. If in doubt, dont' wait, make an appointment with your gyne for peace of mind, discuss the Nuvaring problem and because there is that possibility of pregnancy  Good luck!. Judy
I've been on the NuvaRing for over two years as well (but a few years ago for about 3 years), and I oftentimes have sex with my husband without a condom on my "off" days. I asked my doctor about this before I tried it and she said it was okay. I have not been pregnant.

I have my period about two days after I remove the ring.