Respiratory Disorders Forum

Adenoid drainage?

34 year old woman, tonsils recently tooken out. Radiologist called hypertrophied adenoids, ENT upon tonsil removal said he didn't see it.

Recently, I developed a cranking headache (back of head and sinus like headache)and a neck ache. In looking up behind my Uvula (with a mirror), I see what I am sure are the adenoids (dead center up and behind Uvula) and what I see is white drainage, appearing to clog up the opening like structure of the adenoids and a few white tiny white patches clung onto the "wall" right next to it.

Is this simply the nature of adenoids, containing this discharge?

I do have post nasal drip and LPR.

Thank you for your time.
~Kate
Please check with your ENT for the information that you are seeking.
As an addition: no temperature and about 3 weeks ago, WBC was within normal range .
Prior to that, I had oral thrush with raised WBC, hence the repeat WBC after treatment.
I have since taken an antihistamine/nasal congestion tablet and find a significant reduction in drainage.

So, could this be a reaction to an alergy or...?

Thanks again,
~Kate
Thank you. My E.N.T. suggested a follow up ct scan (in follow up during the month of May) for this December.
I was looking for anwers, without him, as I reside on an island and he (nor any E.N.T.) is located here.
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Tricks to help you quit for good.
Is your area one of the dirtiest-air cities in the nation?
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.