Respiratory Disorders Community

Adult Ear Infection

How long should it take before I begin to feel relief from an ear infection? I got the flu a week ago, have already gone through one prescription of Tamiflu for that. This past Sunday I woke up with severe pain in my throat and ear. The ER physician diagnosed me with tonsillitis and an ear infection. I have been on Amoxicillin since as well as Pramoxine and Ciprodex. Today is my 4th day of meds and I am getting very little relief from the ear pain and the feeling of fluid in my ear which is decreasing my hearing. The sore throat has subsided with the exception of a little tenderness yesterday. The fatigue and lethargy have not subsided as well. I have had no fever at all. Is there anything else I can do to speed recovery or ease the symptoms? Thanks in advance.
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Tricks to help you quit for good.
Is your area one of the dirtiest-air cities in the nation?
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.