Respiratory Disorders Community

Cardiac asthma?

Beginning in early october i had chest wall soreness and a very noticeable wheezing or vibrating sensation in my lungs, almost like cobwebs Im breathing through. I went to the ER thinking it may be bloodclot, but was diagnosed with bronchitis. After antibiotics the soreness went away within a week, but the wheeze like vibration persisted. It makes me want to cough, but I have no actual cough and i rarely manage to hack up congestion. Since then ive had windows of pain and soreness again for a few days, like a flare up of bronchitis, maybe 3 times in the last 3 1/2 months.

But the silent wheeze almost never goes away more than a day or two. It sometimes drives me insane from the tiny but very intense vibration even the most tiny inhale or exhale produces, like a tickle. I've had soreness in the shoulderblade and keep pulling a muscle as well over my right kidney area, and a localized pain in the upper right lung area, which I wonder if it's all connected. I take a medication that has given me edema in the ankles for almost 3 years straight now, and I am beginning to fear this may be cardiac asthma which is giving me bronchitis every once in a while. I am about to see my doctor in a week or two but I have anxiety and panic disorder and I've barely been able to sleep because of it lately. I worry about tumors or heart failure all day and all night. The strangest thing is when I pull the muscle over my kidney area I sometimes feel like the wheezing extends down into that area, which makes me wonder if it's like a muscle spasm. But i feel a super sticky and thin viscous mucus every once in a while I manage to loosen. I hope it's just some odd virus or maybe pleurisy. I had an abscess/boil like growth on my rib cage about 4 months ago that drained and left a tiny hole around this area I sometimes wonder if it got an infection in my lung/chest wall from.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Hope Asthma has been ruled out. Have yourself evaluated for the same. This can be detected by a spirometry test. Treatment for bronchitis is usually symptomatic. Antibiotics for infections and bronchodilators for bronchospasm. Continue with your bronchodilators for relief from wheezing. The pain could be due to pleurisy. And of course avoidance of smoking to prevent further damage to the lungs. For cardiac asthma and cardiac failure, there should be an underlying disorder to precipitate this.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Tricks to help you quit for good.
Is your area one of the dirtiest-air cities in the nation?
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.