Aa
A
A
Close

Chronic Cough Spams

i am a 36 year old female with a chronic cough for the past year.  i have no symptoms other than coughing spasms 3 times a day.  i have no pain, no trouble breathing, no nasal discharge.  when the cough begins i can feel and hear the phlegm ball.  when  i finally get the phlegm up it is cloudy, sometimes clear and sometimes a dark gray with a black dot.  its almost hard, round.  some are sesame seed size others are peanut size.  each spasm comes with at least 10-15 phlegm balls.

after the spasm i am fine.  these episodes occur once in the morning,  then around 4:00, and again before i go to bed.  i did notice that when i am working or doing mommy chores daily i am fine.  when i am in the car or lying down the spasma start up.  

a friend told me that because i've had the cough for so long its like a routine.  basically forcing the spasms on.  just so you know,  my job does not offer medical insurance,  i cannot afford ins. at this time and i make too much money to get medicaid "so they said".  so what might these cough spasms be all about????   thank you for your time.  much appreciated.  

Read more
Cancel
Follow
Upvote - 0
0 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Respiratory Disorders Community Resources