Chronic Cough Spams

i am a 36 year old female with a chronic cough for the past year.  i have no symptoms other than coughing spasms 3 times a day.  i have no pain, no trouble breathing, no nasal discharge.  when the cough begins i can feel and hear the phlegm ball.  when  i finally get the phlegm up it is cloudy, sometimes clear and sometimes a dark gray with a black dot.  its almost hard, round.  some are sesame seed size others are peanut size.  each spasm comes with at least 10-15 phlegm balls.

after the spasm i am fine.  these episodes occur once in the morning,  then around 4:00, and again before i go to bed.  i did notice that when i am working or doing mommy chores daily i am fine.  when i am in the car or lying down the spasma start up.  

a friend told me that because i've had the cough for so long its like a routine.  basically forcing the spasms on.  just so you know,  my job does not offer medical insurance,  i cannot afford ins. at this time and i make too much money to get medicaid "so they said".  so what might these cough spasms be all about????   thank you for your time.  much appreciated.  

Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0