Respiratory Disorders Community

Clearing throat

After I eat is normally when I notice the problem I am having. It wasn't until after I had a tonsilectomy that I even began to notice. As soon as I finish eating I feel a film type substance at the back of my throat and it makes me have the urge to clear my throat and cough as well. It has became quite annoying and unsolved. I have allergies, but I take sudafed and according to other related forums the medicine should take care of the post nasal drip. I have an appointment in about two weeks so maybe I will find something out. Let me know what you think!

This discussion is related to Constant throat clearing.
hi i am 30 yrs old male from india.i am having some problem since more than 1.5 years.i do throat clearing all the time .more throat clearing after eating. as if a small mucus is stucked in my throat,which is not comming out.i was admitted for this in hospital.they have lots of tests including ct scan of chest,mri scan of throat,barium meal,endoscopy,24 hr esophagal ph monitoring,usg,blood tests.all are normal.no GERD.what should i do now?
please help me.

e thing i must tell u.this started at sep.2009.at that time,one day i sprayed baygon spray(for killing bugs and moquitoes) in my room ,and then i had to sleep in that room.since then my problem increased.there was some smell of spray.

i am doing this for 1 and half years.now i cant cough and hawk anymore.pls help. ..

Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Tricks to help you quit for good.
Is your area one of the dirtiest-air cities in the nation?