Respiratory Disorders Forum

Coughing while on phone

I'm a healthy male who seldom coughs unless I'm on the phone.  When I try to talk, I almost always have a dry cough every 30 seconds or so.  It's really strange. Does anyone else have a similar problem?

Thanks,
Tom
This is certainly unusual. Does this occur when you talk to others when not on the telephone? Does this occur during the day and/or night? Does this occur only in one particular location?
sounds like a nervous habit.  Similar to a twitch.
It only happens when I talk on the phone, not in normal conversation and I don't think it is restricted to any particular phone or location.  I suppose it could be nervous twitch, but it even happens when I talk to my wife!  Maybe it's "telephobia".
Maybe it has to do with the receiver too close to the mouth. Have you tried using a speaker phone to see if you cough then?
A related discussion, Coughing on the phone was started.
A related discussion, Coughing on phone was started.
A related discussion, Phone cough was started.
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Tricks to help you quit for good.
Is your area one of the dirtiest-air cities in the nation?
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.