Respiratory Disorders Community

Diagnosed COPD, but could it be something else?

Hello, i have just recently left the hospital here in town and i was diagnosed with COPD.  I initially ended up in the hospital because of a shortness of breath.  I could not take a breath in.  Anyway, i ended up on life support and diagnosed with COPD.  

My challenge comes from the fact that a year ago i was diagnosed with nodules on my vocal cords and at the time just before the hospital visit I was extremelly swollen up in the neck area and i could barely talk.  My quesstion is, Could this have been my nodules on my vocal chords swelled so much that it cut off my breathing?

I am a smoker and have shortness of breath as well so it could be both.  

When i left the hospital my oxygen level was just fine so they didn't send me home with any.  This is another reason that i question the COPD diagnosis.

Anyone else out there with any suggestions about how i could stop this from ever happening again orther than the obvious of quitting smoking.?

Kel
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Tricks to help you quit for good.
Is your area one of the dirtiest-air cities in the nation?