I have a hiatal hernia, and suffer from GERD. I also have asthma and a history of chest infections. I was just getting over aspiration pneumonia (due to aspirating food thanks to the hernia) and I decided to use the little energy I had to do some yard work. I sprayed a small amount of WD-40 on a surface, and held my breath for a moment before breathing again (just to make sure I didn't inhale any). Upon taking my first breath I accidentally took in a large amount of the WD-40 mist which was still lingering around. I immediately had a burning sensation and chemical taste from the back of my throat all the way down into my right lung. After a few hours of this sensation I still had a cough and a mild burning sensation on my lung. My saliva then started getting pink and foamy, and the burning persisted. Turns out I got chemical pneumonia from a tiny amount of WD-40, I had used it a bunch of times in the past with no issues. It has made me very sick and I worry if I've done any permanent damage!
I was supervising the unloading of a distribution truck for a large home improvement chain. Three fourths of the way in freight of all types was just thrown in, when the crew backed out a large pallet the wall full of boxes fell and in the process a box of chemical fell breaking open 4 containers of a liquid later found to be Armstrong floor cleaner. Chem-Dry was applied, I immediately got chemical face mask, opened every door in the building, used fans to ventilate but was in the space for 1 plus hours. I had burning in the eyes, difficulty breathing and had a strong chemical odor in my breath. Over a period of several weeks, I was getting very fatigued. Doing simple things, very shallow breathing, sweating profusely, and light headed. A cough developed, pain in the upper center of my chest and no relief. The symptom continued and got worse, and I eventually had to seek doctor's treatment for my chemical pneumonia.
I am 58 and have COPD. I was cleaning my pool Saturday morning, and I was adding chlorine tablets to the skimmer box when I bent over to open the big box of tablets (3 inches tablets). I opened the lid and got a big breath of fumes coming from the box. It took my breath away, then on Sunday morning I was again cleaning the pool trying to get it clear. I started to cough and then it was an uncontrolled cough with a sore throat. My cough was mostly dry but I did have small amount of yellow/green mucus. I saw the doctor on Monday and he told me I have double pneumonia. Seven days later I am still suffering from the cough and have only enough air to walk across the living room. The doctor did treat me with lots of medications and several shots at the office.
I was working in a factory and digging under a drain cover. As I was doing this a fine mist was coming from the hole, but I carried on working. Two days later I had breathing problem. Bearing in mind I had asthma as a kid, I thought it can't be much. Two weeks later I was in hospital with migraine and breathing problems and they said it was asthma. It is 2 months later and I'm still suffering, cold weather and any chemical fumes knock me silly and I have a lot of pain in my chest. I have been told now there was a possibility there was caustic soda in the mist. I believe now you must always get your lungs checked by a hospital, not a doctor, if your chest is hurting. I hope this will clear up some day otherwise I have to change jobs.
I have been volunteering on the USS Midway Ship and making bracelets as a fund raiser. This involves burning para cord and fusing ends repetitively. I was previously diagnosed with both COPD and asthma. As I have aged symptoms have lessened. But lately, I have developed a very irritating, deep cough with no apparent reason. I am wondering if the burning para cord is toxic to my lungs (and maybe liver), causing chemical pneumonia.
I have worked in a water treatment plant for forty years. I have had 4 very bad exposures to chlorine and was hospitalized twice. I now have had a chronic cough for 8 months. I am very worried about chemical pneumonia and what has happened to my lungs.
My symptoms of chemical pneumonia are shortness of breath, feel heaviness on my chest, throat and eyes burn, just a little blood pressure 159/99, heart rate 100 at rest, and coughing a lot.
I was recently exposed twice in one week to a small room that had been sprayed down with Lysol before my physical therapy appointments - each session was over a half hour trapped in a closed room with the chemical irritants. I was too polite to ask about the odor but spotted the Lysol bottle in the room and knew that was it. The physical therapy lady is very pregnant. I now have a very sore throat, dry cough, irritated eyes and am very hoarse with clear, constant nasal drip. Feel like I have the flu! I think I have chemical pneumonia.
Inhalation therapy at the hospital caused severe burning on my face, mouth and throat. Eight days later I developed pneumonia of unknown cause, and rapidly forming fluid in both lungs as if being attacked! Severe cough preceded the chemical pneumonia.
After being harassed for a while one morning I saw a green gas floating in my kitchen, after I heard my door close. I had flu like symptoms for most of the day. I wonder if that was chemical pneumonia and what gas would cause that.
Chest pain, sore throat, constant sinus drainage down throat only, upper back body aches, fatigue, deep cough, a little phlegm production, and rattle throat sounds are my symptoms of chemical pneumonia.
Every time I am exposed to bleach fumes and breathe them in I instantly feel pain my lungs and start coughing and gagging on a rapidly increasing foam coming from my lungs. I can run after the first breath but it is already too late. I feel like my chest is being crushed while drowning and start vomiting very forcefully all at the same time. The chemical pneumonia starts a bounding pulse, tachycardia, I may black out and I have had both lungs collapse within days of each other multiple times.
I spent 4 weeks at my sister's home helping paint. Little did I realize we were making the perfect cocktail for chemical pneumonia. Stain, Kilz, paint and polymers did a number. I kept having headaches, yet didn't heed the reaction of my body. Four days of closed up house and weakened lungs turned into a nightmare. Two weeks later, I'm trying to recover. High doses of steroids and antibiotics are the course of correction. I feel all jacked up, nervous and nauseous, with sore throat, confusion and anger.
Wondering if you always run a fever with chemical pneumonia.