Fiberglass inhalation

Hi.

I was exposed to fiberglass as well when it fell out of the ceiling. I inhaled it and since then I have been sensitive to smoke and car fumes. I also keep feeling like something is stuck in my throat and have throat pain which increases when i speak as well as trouble breathing.  I feel the restriction in my chest when i walk, like a tightness. It get worse when it rains. I went to a pulmonologist who is now refering me to a cardiologist. I couldnt find any test that would show fiberglass. I have had MRI and CT scans as well as ultrasounds. The ultrasound showed swelling around the throat area.I had been referred for a doplar ultrasound. My throat has been teste and no pathogens found, not bacteria or virus but they didnt test for debris. I have used a lot of natural remedies and well as inhalers and other medications. I there a test that would sample the debris in my throat. .

This discussion is related to I inhaled Fiberglass Insulation -- Please Help!.
Hi, hope you are feeling better, please let us know.
To start with, folks should know there is a big difference between being in an attic for 15 minutes without a mask, and living in a contaminated home for months or years. I fall in the latter category, a number of our HVAC ducts were lined with mesh and exposed fiberglass on top; the system was pulling in dust into our home for at least a few months.
Symptoms initially were stuffiness, not enough to make a connection. About 3 weeks ago, I had serious shortness of breath. We left the house: insulation and HVAC are replaced, and the home will be cleaned top to bottom professionally.
As far as tests go: xray was negative, stethoscope on several occasions revealed nothing, though that is apparently not surprising with inflammation and the like. Steroid course has helped a lot with symptoms; lung function tests and regular CT (not high res, which apparently is more appropriate), blood work, as well as exhaled nitrous oxide tests normal so far. However, asthma specialist confirmed that these tests may have been affected by steroid treatment. He mentioned likely pneumonitis, which is a general term for lung inflammation from many causes, outcomes range from healing over weeks/months to pulmonary fibrosis, which of course is not good. Will see a pulmonologist in a month,  hope to get more info then. A bronchoscopy or even a biopsy may be the only ways to rule out fibrosis. In the meantime, am hoping it is a passing matter.
It seems like the hazards of old/defective ductwork are not nearly publicized enough. This thread is good, in that it helps to see what other's experiences with such exposure have been. Here's to hoping every sufferer here feels better. Best wishes to you all.
To specify, symptoms have included shortness of breath, chest pains, loss of weight, phlegm, and fatigue. Each case differs based on the individual and the amount of exposure, but it would be good to hear how everyone is doing with time. Best.
I believe I was exposed to asbestos insulation and asbestos flooring and asbestos drywall for a short time but it may have been a moderate exposure for a few about an hour. What should I expect to happen.
We are having our home remodeled and the contractor has left several stacks of fiberglass insulation in our home.   We did not realize it was there initially.  After a delay in construction we began using that area of the house, the kitchen, because we don't have a choice.  The fiberglass piles are still there.  Since we began using the rooms more frequently my husband came now with a bad cold and I got sick with pneumonia.  It took me a month to see any improvement.  I have a compromised immune system so I was put on heavy antibiotics and inhalers plus, cough medicine and the use of a humidifier.  I finally was feeling better after a month and now my daughter who has asthma is extremely sick, my husband is sick again and now I am sick again.  We are finding blood in the mucous that we are coughing up and also in the nasal discharge. Nothing seems to be helping. After doing some research, I am fearing that we are being affected by the fiberglass asbestos.  We have never worn protective clothing, masks or any of the such.  Any suggestions on tests that we could have performed to verify the fiberglass?  I'm hoping to rule out the exposure as the cause but as I said earlier I need to protect my family and pets.

Did the contractor leave fiberglass or asbestos (if it was installation, asbestos is impossible)? How long has it been lying in your house, and was it in an exposed area? Has anyone been disturbing the fiberglass or moving it around Have you notice excessive amounts of dust building up in the home? It seems like fiberglass could cause problems based on your level of exposure, time of exposure, and personal factors (different people can react differently to the same level of exposure). There are tests that you can purchase for $50 or so online that are basically a strip of tape that you use to collect a dust sample, and you mail it in and wait for lab results. I used one from Sylvane (not an endorsement, but at least I can confirm they respond).

If you are feeling symptoms, the safest thing to do would be to move out while you confirm the situation in your house. It is difficult ( I know, still going through it) but if there is such a contaminant in your home, safety must come first, and there is nothing wrong with being too safe. Depending on the extent of the dust, you may need a professional cleaning of the house. Wishing you all the best, and keep us posted.
I wonder if after 3 years do you feel any better ?