Respiratory Disorders Community

Gas pockets

I have trouble with constipation. I also suffer from diviticulitis. Had a colon resection two years ago. Took two Dulcolax yesterday. Had good results but this morning I woke up with a sharp pain and swelling in the upper part of my stomach under my right breast.  Could this be a gas pocket?  
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Its unlikely that a gas pocket will appear as a swelling. Its may not be from the colon. Do you have pain on touching the swelling? If so then it could be a skin infection or an abscess. It could also be a lipoma. But to exactly pinpoint the pathology you will need to consult your  primary care physician who will examine you and may ask for blood tests. If the need arises he may refer you to a dermatologist.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Tricks to help you quit for good.
Is your area one of the dirtiest-air cities in the nation?
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.