Respiratory Disorders Community

Hard time breathing!

hello i am a 16 year old female.....
when i lay down i get a tight heavy feeling in my chest and it gets difficult to breath and then i keep feeling like i have to cough really bad but it doesnt come up till i sit up and then i have to use my inhaler ( i have had asthma all my life) and then i just cough alot afterwords..also both ears might be infected they hurt alot and cant stand loud noise or water or wind and i have a swollen throat and tonsils and lymp nodes under my jaw
Hi, looks like you have a throat infection and this can sometimes aggravate symptoms asthma. The symptoms described could be due to an infection, most probably streptococcal or a viral infection. Strep sore throat needs to be treated with an antibiotic as strep is a bacteria. Viral sore throat is best treated with rest, warm oral fluids and  (OTC) tylenol (acetaminophen) or ibuprofen for pain. If you develop a fever, or if there is enlargement of the tonsils with pain or if there is white coating on the tonsils, you will need to consult your primary care physician for a strep test, which if positive you will be given antibiotics. You will also need adjustment of inhaler dosages. Regards.
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Tricks to help you quit for good.
Is your area one of the dirtiest-air cities in the nation?
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.