Respiratory Disorders Community

How can I stop excessive mucus/phlegm after a cold or sinus infection? HELP!

Every time I catch a cold or am treated for a sinus infection, I wind up with a cough due to excessive mucus that won't go away. I'm sure it's from a post-nasal drip because I feel it at the back of my throat.

This time around, I caught a virus and was on antibiotics for 2 weeks for a sinus infection. The infection cleared up, but now I'm stuck with this excess clear mucus and I can't get it to stop! I've become a phlegm fountain!

At first I was taking Guaifenesin to thin out the mucus because it was very thick and made me gag. Then the next week I tried all sorts of things: saline nasal washing, nasal sterioids, Claritin, and Benedryl. Nothing made the mucus go away. Saline washing or taking a steamy shower helps a little bit, but the mucus just comes back in a few hours. I'm constantly clearing my throat and blowing my nose. It's very annoying. Soon I'll be dealing with this for an entire month. What can I do to make this stop already?!  If I had a dime for every time I've had to clear my throat this month I'd be a multi-millionaire. My throat is sometimes sore and my  voice is hoarse from all this constant throat clearing.

For the record, I don't smoke (never have) and I'm a 47-year-old woman. I get monthly allergy shots (but this is definitely NOT allergy...it's some sort of over-reaction from my body after having this sinus infection).
yeah I have same problem for years...been on so many medicines and variety of nasal sprays and all.

got tired... so now I only keen for herbal or any organic stuff.

but if something may come up.. let me know!

NOTE: I notice mine stop a bit after good rest and in a happy mood.
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Tricks to help you quit for good.
Is your area one of the dirtiest-air cities in the nation?
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.