Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
Avatar universal

I have inhaled mold from lemon and don’t know what to do.

I inhaled mold from lemons yesterday and began to start having tightness in my chest and low throat. Eating, swallowing, drinking and breathing have became more difficult. Is there anything I can do at home to help with this?
1 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
15695260 tn?1549593113
Hello and welcome to the forum.  I'm sorry to read of this problem and hope it is better now!  While most people do not, there is a small percentage of people that have an allergy to common mold you'd find on food and it can trigger an asthmatic episode.  Do you have asthma in general? Normally if a food that has mold on it causes you to react like those with other mold allergies, you'd notice this at other times too such as in a wet basement or other places where mold is prevalent.  Is this the case for you?  https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/is-moldy-food-dangerous

A timely question for now also is if you have any other illnesses going on?  Can you give us an update.  And remember, if you are having any trouble breathing, please seek medical attention immediately.  
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Respiratory Disorders Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Tricks to help you quit for good.
Is your area one of the dirtiest-air cities in the nation?
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.